In recent years, with the rapid development of China’s economy, people’s demand for energy has also increased year by year, and the reserves of traditional energy can no longer be used. The development and utilization of new energy has become a hot topic in the industry. As a kind of new energy, biomass energy has gradually been recognized and used by people. Biomass energy is mainly based on agricultural and forestry wastes, such as wood scraps, straw, and fruit shells. At present, there are mainly two types of technologies for such energy utilization in the market: direct combustion technology and gasification technology. Some equipment manufacturers have defined different names for these two technologies. Among them, there are many new terms such as microwave, nanometer, and plasma. A means of publicity for businesses, of course, there are some businesses who confuse these two technologies. Maybe it’s stupidly indistinguishable, maybe it’s to confuse people. This also makes the majority of potential users a little confused. How can these two technologies be distinguished?
The author makes a brief analysis on this issue, hoping to help you clear the dark clouds and see the sun and the moon.
- Literally intuitive difference: direct combustion technology is the direct combustion of biomass fuel, that is, one-stage combustion; biomass gasification is anoxic or anaerobic combustion of biomass fuel, which produces combustible gas and then conducts secondary combustion , that is, two-stage combustion.
- Distinguish the sensory perception of two kinds of technical equipment: direct combustion technology has no gas transmission pipeline; gasification technology has gas transmission pipeline and professional gas burner.
- Observe the difference of slag discharge: the direct combustion technology is oxygen-enriched combustion, the combustion is thorough, and the discharged ash is basically free of carbon residue; the gasification technology makes oxygen-deficient or anaerobic combustion, and the combustion is incomplete, and the slag discharge is carbon-containing ash. For example, wood chips are used as fuel, and slag from biomass gasification equipment is charcoal, which can be sold as a product. The slag discharge of biomass direct combustion equipment is gray-white or coking-like ash.
- Distinguish by equipment volume: Biomass gasification is a slow combustion process, so under the same heat production, the volume of gasification technology equipment is much larger than that of direct combustion equipment, and the height of the equipment is also much higher, which is caused by combustion. determined by the mechanism.
- Distinguish by thermal energy utilization efficiency: the combustion efficiency of biomass direct combustion technology is generally above 85%; the efficiency of biomass gasification technology is generally below 75%, because gasification technology is incomplete combustion, and some heat is in the ash. slag in the charcoal.
The above points are clearly distinguished, and it is basically possible to distinguish the ownership of the corresponding technical equipment. Now some biomass energy equipment manufacturers are promoting and packaging biomass direct combustion equipment as gasification technology in order to gain popularity or increase product sales. So I hope this article can help you quickly make your own judgment, distinguish these two kinds of technical equipment, and find the technology that suits you.